The NBA playoffs and the WNBA season have brought the best kicks from the best hoopers in the world. The bubbles have been filled with heat since the NBA restart and WNBA tip-off commenced. Signature shoes have rolled out, player exclusive colorways can be found every game, and some classic gems have also made a cameo on the hardwood.
This week had a little bit of everything. PJ Tucker continues to show why he’s the king. Kawhi Leonard and Donovan Mitchell bring out their latest signature shoe. In addition to that, social justice messages have appeared on this week’s kicks as well.
Take a look at the best from across both leagues below. Be sure to follow Nice Kicks Hoops for exclusive basketball-related content.
10. New Balance KAWHI PEKawhi Leonard in the New Balance KAWHI (Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ New Balance and Kawhi keep bringing out that fire
+ Who else needs this Clippers-themed pair to release?
9. Converse All-Star Pro BBShai Gilgeous-Alexander in the Converse All-Star Pro BB (Joe Murphy/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ Black Lives Matter.
+ Shoutout to SGA for bringing these important words to his kicks
8. Marvel x adidas D.O.N. Issue #2 “Spidey-Sense”Donovan Mitchell in the Marvel x adidas D.O.N. Issue #2 “Spidey-Sense” (Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ The Marvel x adidas D.O.N. Issue #2 “Spidey-Sense” releases on August 28
+ Learn everything about the D.O.N. Issue #2 here
7. OVO x Air Jordan 16 SamplePJ Tucker in the OVO x Air Jordan 16 (Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ PJ is in another league with his kicks (even in the bubble)
+ We probably won’t see these release anytime soon, so word to PJ for giving us a look at them
6. Nike Zoom Kobe 5 Protro PEPJ Tucker in a Nike Zoom Kobe 5 Protro PE (Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ Halloween vibes on these Kobe 5s
+ Take a look at some of the best Kobe 5s from across the WNBA and NBA here
5. Custom Reebok Question MidMontrezl Harrell in a custom Reebok Question Mid by @bre_yeahthatsme (Kevin C. Cox/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ Justice for Breonna Taylor.
+ Be sure to follow the artist behind these here
4. Nike LeBron 17 PELeBron James in a Crenshaw-dedicated Nike LeBron 17 PE (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
+ Salute to LeBron for rocking these as a dedication to Nipsey Hussle
+ Take a look at every sneaker The King wears this season here
3. Air Jordan 13 “Bred”Tyler Johnson in the Air Jordan 13 “Bred” (David Sherman/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ A classic
+ In other AJ13 news, get ready for the Air Jordan 13 “Flint Gym Red”
2. Nike Kyrie 6Sue Bird in the Nike Kyrie 6 (Ned Dishman/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ Sue staying fresh, even in the bubble
+ Yeezy “Pure Platinum” vibes on these. Tough.
1. Undefeated x Nike Zoom Kobe 5 Protro “Dirty Dozen”Joe Harris in the Undefeated x Nike Zoom Kobe 5 Protro “Dirty Dozen” (Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images)
+ Mamba Week is almost here
+ Take a closer look at the Undefeated x Nike Z0om Kobe 5 Protro “What If?” pack