Jurassic Park’s display of dinosaurs and adventure have continually captured our primal interests, drawing sold out theaters through an anticipation of another prehistoric ride. Last month, Reebok hinted at a potential collaboration with the franchise on Twitter, indicating a project “65 years in the making. Finally in the clear, the duo has a full family collection ready to satisfy all Jurassic fans.
Together, the collaboration reimagines several of the athletic brand’s most beloved kicks. Each sneaker pays homage to the original film’s key characters and props. Via Reebok, the highlights will include:
• Instapump Fury OG ($200, GW0212) – This iteration of the Instapump Fury is inspired by the film’s selection of vehicles, featuring a leather collar lining mimicking the SUVs seats and battle damage graphics on the sole and sides. The shoe is finished off with the official mark of Jurassic Park on the legendary pump ball. Available in adult and infant sizing.
• Club C 85 ($110, GW0213) – The well-known Dennis Nedry makes his mark on the classic Club C from the floral print heel, reminiscent of the first shirt he wears in the film, to the zebra striped pony hair heel cap, which mimics the screensaver on Nedry’s computer. The shoe also features a bright yellow tongue in a rubber raincoat material in remembrance of Nedry’s failed attempt to escape from the island with the stolen dinosaur embryos.
• Club C 85 ($100, GZ6322) – This Club C is inspired by Dr. Alan Grant in sneaker form with a tan suede upper, bandana collar lining and a denim-colored outsole. While both sockliners match the denim outsole, the right sockliner also features a Velociraptor claw graphic. Available in adult, grade school preschool and toddler/infant sizing.
• Classic Leather ($120, GY0570) – Inspired by Dr. Ian Malcolm’s fascination of chaos theory, this Classic Leather is part simplicity, part utter chaos. The chaotic lateral side of the shoe celebrates Ian Malcolm’s fashion sense and flashy lifestyle with a range of textures and patterns from floral to sabretooth tiger. The more simplistic medial side features the Jurassic Park logo and a brooch jewel detail nodding to the necklace Dr. Malcolm wears throughout the movie.
• Zig Devil Kinetica ($140, GY8275) – The contemporary sport-style Zig Kinetica II is redesigned to resemble the park staff’s SUVs. The tongue incorporates leather webbing with details nodding to the vehicle’s rearview mirror and the famed electric fence, as well as a speckled midsole inspired by the high-speed chases through mud.
• Club C Legacy ($100, GY0856) – This Club C Legacy pays homage to playful and informative Mr. DNA, the cartoon character that explains the process of recreating dinosaur DNA. The clear TPU outsole reveals a Mr. DNA strand logo on the bottom of the left shoe and a mosquito graphic on the right shoe. The Club C Legacy is finished with a cracked egg collar and bubbled heel.
• Jurassic Stomper ($200, GX5412) – Featuring a tough leather and neoprene upper, the Jurassic Stomper is strong enough to hold up to anything InGen workers encounter in the field. The shoe, inspired by the uniforms of the infield InGen staff, includes multiple patches which can be changed out depending upon your division within the morally questionable organization.
• Pump Omni Zone II ($200, GY0549) – After combining dinosaur and sneaker DNA, Reebok was able to create a shoe some 65 million years in the making: the Pump Omni Zone II. Inspired by the carnivorous Dilophosaurus, this style-forward shoe features dinosaur graphics on the upper and a nubuck base material with hints of skived leather.
Look for the Jurassic Park x Reebok Collection to release on July 30 with a matching apparel set. Be sure to check out official photos below.