Outside of its coveted sneakers that contribute to the culture, Nike continues to make a difference in communities around the world. From sustainability to social justice-led support, the brand is putting actions behind its words.
Read its FY20 Impact Report below as well as its 2025 targets.
FY20 Impact Report
- Efforts increased representation of women globally across the enterprise to 49.5%
- Racial and ethnic minorities at the Vice President (VP) levels in the U.S. increased 8 p.p. in 2020 to 29%
- The 2020 intern class was its most diverse yet: 55% of 310 Nike interns were women and 49% were U.S. racial and ethnic minorities.
- Nike invested $89.8 million in community impact
- Nike, Converse, Jordan Brand, and Michael Jordan have committed a combined $140 million over 10 years to support organizations focused on economic empowerment, education, and social justice to address racial inequality for Black Americans
- Nike exceeded its FY20 target by achieving a 30% reduction in textile dyeing and finishing supplier freshwater use per kilogram of material, which translates to a cumulative 40 billion liters of freshwater avoided by its suppliers since FY16
- The brand is currently using 100% renewable energy in the U.S. and Canada for its owned or operated sites. Globally, Nike was powered by 48% renewable
energy in FY20
- Since FY15, more than 47 million kg of manufacturing scraps were recycled into new footwear products
- 50% Representation of women in global corporate workforce
- 35% Representation of racial and ethnic minorities in U.S. corporate workforce
- 100% Women in supply chain have increased access to career opportunities
- $125 million Invested to support organizations leveling the playing field and addressing racial inequality
- $10 million Investment in historically Black colleges and universities and Hispanic-serving institutions to increase intern and direct hires
- 70% Absolute reduction in GHG emissions in owned or operated facilities
- 10x Amount of finished product waste refurbished, recycled or donated