Aritzia Expands Its Fashion Offerings With Reigning Champ Acquisition

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.

Fashion company Aritzia looks to expand its apparel and brand name with its $63M acquisition of Canadian streetwear brand Reigning Champ.

With much of Aritzia’s focus on women’s clothing and apparel, the purchase of the streetwear brand marks their entrance into the men’s apparel market. Reigning Champ has specialized in high-quality streetwear and athleisure offerings, developing a strong devoted fanbase. Collaborative efforts with major brands across the apparel and footwear space have made them a well-known name across streetwear enthusiasts.

“We’re excited to welcome Reigning Champ. Rooted in classic, timeless athletic wear, their brand has been carefully curated for just short of fifteen years,” said Brian Hill, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Aritzia. “Building on Aritzia’s strong start to fiscal 2022, this acquisition meaningfully accelerates our product expansion into men’s while bringing incremental growth to our already surging women’s eCommerce and U.S. businesses. Capitalizing on our world-class operational expertise and infrastructure, men’s, merchandised independently, will become a meaningful part of Aritzia’s platform through our Reigning Champ acquisition.”

Brian Hill – Founder of Aritzia

“As an innovative design house offering exceptional experiences through its online and retail platforms, Aritzia’s well-established track record as a successful direct-to-consumer business is one that we’ve long admired. Leveraging Aritzia’s unparalleled world-class infrastructure and expertise, this partnership provides an exciting path forward to elevate Reigning Champ to the next level as a premium athletic wear brand. We look forward to working with the incredibly talented Aritzia team to capitalize on the limitless opportunities ahead,” said Craig Atkinson.

Craig Atkinson – Founder of Reigning Champ

As Aritzia continues to expand beyond its over 100 boutiques in North America, the acquirer will be using their broad network to promote Reigning Champ’s growth. The $63M acquisition has given them 75% equity, while the Vancouver-based brand’s management holding the other 25% equity.

Related Posts:

Never miss a release again

Trending: