In Retrospect: Air Jordan 11 “Concord”

Remember the lines? Remember the unruly crowds? Remember the numerous news outlets covering the release? Remember the joy you had when you secured your pair? If you were one of the many outside of any retailer that happened to carry Jordan Brand product this time last year, you may have noticed increased security; possibly city police officers. Exactly one year ago today was one of the best, and possibly one of the worst days for the sneaker culture. The 2011 release of the Air Jordan 11 “Concord” was met with hoopla never seen before for a sneaker. Arguably the most popular shoe in the entire Air Jordan catalog, the “Concords” were a must have for any sneaker fan, and the release shined a light on some of the recent issues that have occurred regarding sneakers.

Nonetheless, the Air Jordan 11 “Concord” is one of the greatest shoes of all time. Proof the popularity has not waned was supported when the sneakers restocked randomly at Finish Line within the last month and sold out in minutes. Do you own a pair of “Concords”? Were you able to cop on the original release date? Let us know your story in the comments below, or on Twitter.

Air Jordan 11 “Concord”
December 23, 2011
$180

Air Jordan 11 "Concord"

Air Jordan 11 “Concord”

Comments

1. Sensible_Swag says:

“Arguably the most popular shoe in the entire Air Jordan catalog” – That can be said about so many Js. My personal all time FAV is definitely the Bred 11s…which I did cop. . . . . Was honestly never a fan of the Concords.

2. SKTHEPREZ says:

Had to wait a month to find em at $300.. I was always able to get a pair if I went 30 min before, that released changed the game and f’d up my collection and ability to get every release at retail, but oh well, I feel like a leader at least

3. Sensible_Swag says:

@SKTHEPREZ?$300? Shit you got a damn deal!

4. RobertGuajardo says:

A few months before, I didn’t even plan on getting this shoe. But I allowed the hype to persuade me into having them. I did not cop for retail after Finish Line took payment from me on 8 pairs….what a nightmare. Luckily I picked up a pair for $400 a few days later. Not ideal and totally against my beliefs when it comes to kicks, but they were a must cop. This release, sadly, may have set the sneaker game down a gloomy path as we are starting to put way too much focus? on sneakers. Luckily the Playoffs 11 didn’t spark the same chaos (although there was still some). After I grab the Retro 1 on 1/5 and hopefully the Grape 5 in April/May, I may be done with J’s for a while. The hassel is too much and I will also have just about every J I want for my collection. I just need some 6′s Infrared and I’ll be good.

5. zamieo says:

I actually PASSED on them. Like, I had them in front of me (on the web) and I was like naaahh, I need the money. A couple of hours later and I was like “damm, I want them though”, but by then they were long sold out. This year, I decided months in advance that I was most def copping the Bred’s to make up for the Concord’s. And I did.

6. WaddahAlhuwaider says:

actually living in dubai you cant get them here but i am not a fan of 11′s in general i dont really like them

7. justwin says:

I remember waiting in that line for hours to get em until this dude went in and bought like 25 pair! By the time I got a chance to grab em they only had an 8 and 13 (I wear a 10). Went home cold and disappointed but made a few calls and a close friend of mine said he actually had a pair he grabbed for me at his store. Only 2hrs of sleep that day but I got em!

8. XavierSmith says:

I remember waking up at 10pm the night before and heading to the mall… My boys LJ, Davenport, Watkins, the wolf pack, and myself all there by 1130 ish. It was like 15 degrees outside and we camped for 7 hours… Although we had a connect a footlocker, we still had to camp with the other 450 people in attendance… 3 store; sheik, finish line, footlocker, with damn near 500 folks in attendance to cop. We almost got into 4 fights just because thirsty people assumed that we were trying to cut them. We were just trying to stand in the front by the main entrance so we wouldnt get blasted by the win for the rest of the night. Needless to say 7 of us walked out with close to 15 pairs within our wolfpack. Much like the bred release this year.

9. AaronGraham617 says:

@XavierSmith cool story bro

10. CoreySavage says:

Waited in line with my boys for around 17hours. Between the 5 of us, we copped 30 pairs. we then sprinted to the car, trying not to get jumped. One of the best experiences of my life without a doubt

11. bigrich0272 says:

Yes 2 pair. Got 2 pair of BRED’S this year

12. bigrich0272 says:

@Sensible_Swag @SKTHEPREZ all the people wanting 450 and 600 will be stuck with those they will com down

13. Sensible_Swag says:

@CoreySavage?You exaggerating? 30 Pairs? Had to be a mom and pop store letting you cop multiple pairs like that.

14. CoreySavage says:

@Sensible_Swag?Yes sir

15. GotZigzag says:

Had them in my cart after hearing from nice kicks on twitter but the page kept crashing after an hour I was finally putting through the payment on a sz 12 when it said that the pair had sold out from under me. So I hurried secured a sz 11.5 and after only 20 min the same thing happened. I was simultaneously trying from the Ipad and my PC and actually got payment info submitted on both to have It freeze and or not freeze and after 10 min say out of stock. Very embarrassed to say it ruined my day and week. Over a pair of kicks? I had saved up for the breds and couldn’t believe the last minute sale on Concorde. Now I have none and shop nice kicks took and held my money for over a week just to tell me they were out of stock? Wtf? Can’t believe I’m saying this but standing in line at least u know where you stand and don’t get your hopes Crushed over and over.

16. SPEESH says:

I was at KOP HOH and arrived 2:30pm on the 23rd and I was #42 in line. ?I got my pair, but talking to people about our common interest “sneakers” was the best part. ?Everytime i’m at a sneaker release i see those same guys and its like a fraternity. ?The best Q&A we got in the line last year: ?Q: (older Lady) Excuse me what are you waiting in line for? A: They are selling Louie Vuitton purses for $50. ?She stood in the back of the line for 30 minutes then came back to us saying “real funny guys.”

17. kendeezy3z says:

happyi got mine and never worn

18. HNIC_Rell says:

Camped for 5 hours and couldn’t cop was very dissapointed that day it ruined my whole Xmas but 6 months later my friend who had them was like ill trade your beats for them but by then I no longer wanted them and was happy with my lil foam collection and my other J’s

19. Prestigious says:

I was visiting my grandmother down in Alabama for the holidays. I was able to just walk into the local mall and cop with no line and no struggle (how it should be). The hype since this release has been crazy. Now you gotta plan, RSVP, camp and rely on raffles just to get a pair of shoes. People started to camp out for every single Jordan release since the 2011 concords.

20. CyanHaughton says:

They will restocked back again?