Electric Sole: 1 on 1 with Nate Robinson

Pages: 1 2 3

If you recall, Nate Robinson was named our first ever Kicks On Court champion at the conclusion of the 2008-2009 NBA season, and it’s no surprise that the miniscule guard has remained in the running for the award in each subsequent season. This week, you’ve traveled back in time with him for a childhood sneaker memory and heard his plans to pitch a possible “Kryptonate” Foamposite, yet, our recent conversation with him reveals much more. Check out our full interview with Nate Robinson in which he discusses his favorite Kicks On Court moments, his go-to signature basketball line and the shoes that got him hooked on collecting.

RELATED: Monta Ellis & Nate Robinson in Kicks On Court Weekly Recap | Nate Robinson Wants a ?Kryptonate? Foamposite | What I Wanted & What I Got: Nate Robinson

Nate Robinson

Nate Robinson wearing the "Birthday Bundle" Nike Zoom LeBron IV

Nice Kicks: You were our first ever Kicks On Court champion at the conclusion of the 2008-2009 NBA season. Personally, what is your favorite shoe that you’ve worn on court?

Nate Robinson: I’ve worn so many shoes, but one of my favorite shoes that I have worn on court is the “Birthday Bundle” LeBron IVs when I was with the Knicks. Although I’m a big Jordan guy, I didn’t wear a lot of Jordans in New York like my former teammate Quentin Richardson did, but I remember wearing those LeBrons. I wore those against Orlando one game, and I scored like 22 points in the 4th quarter on those guys. I wore those LeBrons with the orange shin pads I usually wear and the orange sleeve. I definitely remember that.

Nice Kicks: Wearing the ?Kryptonate? Foamposite Lites in the 2009 Sprite Dunk Contest was one of, if not the biggest Kicks On Court moment within the past five years. Will we see more ?Kryptonate? shoes in the future or was that just a one-time thing?

Nate Robinson: Well, the ?Kryptonate? thing was perfect, and it made sense because it was the Dunk Contest and I was going against Dwight Howard who has the whole Superman theme going. Those shoes are so awesome, man ? defeating Superman and the Kryptonite green was great. Those are pretty sweet. Right now, I?m working on a deal that I?m going to talk to Nike about. I have one of the sickest ideas. I want to see a special edition ?Kryptonate? Foamposite One. I want to pitch this to Nike. I want them to come out with that ?Kryptonate? colorway on the Foamposite One. They need to make them in that color because Penny was one of my favorite players growing up next to Michael Jordan and Allen Iverson. I?m a big Penny fan, and I love when Nike recreates those old classics, like the Foamposite One, in new colorways. I?m going to pitch that to Nike real soon.?

Nate Robinson

Nate Robinson in the "Kryptonate" Foamposite Lite during the 2009 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

Nice Kicks: The Nice Kicks staff consistently compiles list of memorable shot/move/crossover and kicks combinations from past and present, and your name is always brought up. Do you remember some of the shoes you wore during your special moments as an NBA player?

Nate Robinson: Oh, most definitely. I had on the Nike Air Force 25 when I blocked Yao Ming. I remember those because I had a blue and orange pair that featured my face on it, but the NBA wouldn’t let me wear those. I had an all-white pair on when I blocked Yao though. When I caught Reggie Jackson slipping this season, I think I had on the “Playoff” 13s, which is one of my favorite Jordans. When I broke Steve Blake at the top of the key, I had on the Kobe IIIs, the ones he wore before switching to low-tops. Oh, and when I did the put-back dunk in college, I wore the all-black Air Max2 CB ’94s.

Nice Kicks: You wear an extremely, wide variety of shoes on the court. What is your favorite basketball signature line?

Nate Robinson: Jordans are #1 for sure, but growing up, I had all of the Iversons and all of the Pennys too. I am a real big Penny fan. I had every Penny shoe that came out – even the original Flights. I love the Scottie Pippens. I’m also a big fan of the Barkleys. The Barkley line is probably my second favorite next to Jordans. I love the Barkleys because they’re high, sturdy and have good ankle support. They just look nice and feel good.

Pages: 1 2 3

Next »

Comments

1. joel oliver says:

I dig the interview, he seems like a pretty down to earth dude, I also follow him on instagram, and he posts tons of pictures with his kids, which I think is cool. ?He’s spending time with his family. ?It is weird reading about people right around my age now, that are rich and famous, my first basketball shoe growing up was the Air Max Penny 1 in 6th grade, which would’ve been 1995. ?Although based on his story, his parents must be pretty well off, because I didn’t have a bunch of Js by then… ha. ?Cool perspective though. ?

2. Sam_NoIAm says:

I couldn’t get any shoe that cost over $100 when I younger for anything!!! The first pair of J’s I got was some team jumpman shoes that had been discounted down to $30 and was a size too big for me.? The first pair of signature Jordans I had the chance to get were the Bred 13′s for Christmas but it was either the shoes or a N64 and yep……I chose the N64 smh

1. joel oliver says:

?@Sam_NoIAm?I’d say you chose correctly. ?Goldeneye and Mario Kart alone, all the good times you probably had with that, 13s are cool, but c’mon, Goldeneye! ?Madden 99 with Franchise Mode! ?I mean, don’t get me wrong, I looooove shoes, but at whatever age you were, N64 had to win, right?

1. Sam_NoIAm says:

?@joel oliver haha yeah you’re right!!! Those 13′s were and still are my favorite Jordans of all time tho

3. <object width=”270″ height=”120″>? <param name=”movie” value=”http://a712.g.akamai.net/f/712/225/1m/www.eastbay.com/images/eb/promo/widget/swf/eastbay-sweepstakes-gen.swf”></param>? <param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param>? <param name=”wmode” value=”transparent”></param>? <param name=”flashvars” value=”refId=3625407&siteId=GEN”></param>? <embed src=”http://a712.g.akamai.net/f/712/225/1m/www.eastbay.com/images/eb/promo/widget/swf/eastbay-sweepstakes-gen.swf” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” wmode=”transparent” width=”270″ height=”120″ flashvars=”refId=3625407&siteId=GEN”></embed></object>

4. gotgameyea says:

Helll YEeeeeee NICCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally It Happened…..I got rid of all my ISHHH from my cre dit report y’all – I was in deep for 5 years. ?Coudn’t buy sheeet. ?Just approved for that 25k loan to buy a new CAMAARO!!! IF YOU STRUGGLING WITH THAT CREDIT HISTORY ISHH, GET RID OF ALL DAT TODAY – CALL THESE PEEPS AT 877-647-1477. THEY DO AMAZING WORK AND THEY ARE CHEAP AS FUQQ. GOT RID OF ALL MY SHYYT IN NO TIME. My homeboy was in terrible shape too, and he clean! ?Hit em up-they will help!!!!!!

5. bluelly says:

<a href=”http://www.vuittonsacs.net”>Sac Louis Vuitton</a> ?le meilleur appareil photo pour prendre la photo ? utiliser pour les cartes postales. Il s’agit d’une pointe particuli?rement bon pour ceux qui veulent cr?er des cartes postales color?es. La qualit? d’image et la luminosit? de la couleur sont s?rs d’?tre mieux avec un reflex plut?t que le point-and-shoot appareils photo num?riques.

6. vino crianza says:

A person essentially assist to make severely articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual submit amazing. Fantastic activity!

7. vino crianza says:

certainly like your website however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I will definitely come back again.

8. vino crianza says:

Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. That is a very neatly written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly return.

9. Simply desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your publish is simply excellent and that i could assume you’re an expert in this subject. Fine together with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thank you one million and please continue the rewarding work.

10. sa? tebe?iri says:

It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

11. I like the helpful information you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and take a look at once more right here frequently. I’m reasonably certain I will be informed lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!

12. ortopedia says:

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to present something back and help others such as you aided me.

13. Great issues altogether, you just received a new reader. What would you suggest about your put up that you just made a few days ago? Any sure?

14. Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my blog so i came to go back the desire?.I am attempting to to find things to enhance my website!I assume its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

15. Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was once a entertainment account it. Look complicated to far delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep up a correspondence?

16. I’ve learn some just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you put to make any such excellent informative site.

17. Hi there, simply become alert to your blog via Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous other people will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

18. You know therefore considerably when it comes to this matter, made me in my view imagine it from numerous numerous angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be involved unless it’s something to do with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. All the time maintain it up!

19. Remarkable issues here. I am very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and I’m taking a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

20. Unquestionably imagine that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to remember of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other folks think about issues that they plainly don’t realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks