Bring ‘em Back: Air Jordan 5 “Grape”

Bring 'em Back: Air Jordan 5 "Grape"

2011 has seen us spoiled with Jordan retros in OG colorways. Now that we?ve settled that we?re calling for the return of one more. The Air Jordan 5 ?Grape? is due for a comeback. 2006?s LS release was limited to say the least and we know demand is there. Yesterday?s Black/Metallic Silver 5 was the lone original makeup from the recent rollout. Does JB have one more in the vault? We hope so, bring ?em back!

Shoe: Air Jordan 5
Colorway: White/Grape Ice-New Emerald
Released: 1990 & 2006

Comments

1. freeballer says:

JB should have released the rumored Laney/Grape pack. Why don’t they release things that will rake in big money for them?

1. Dantheman9442 says:

they are lol. the december 2011 releases alone are gonna hurt everyones pockets.
      also just thought id be an asshole and say i got metailic 5s on saturday for 110 without waiting in line……. foot locker connections

1. doU says:

Your footlocker connects ain’t that good then…I got mine for 105 and I didn’t even have to leave my crib

1. Krazykid789 says:

Hell no there is no way i work there and dnt get them for 105 u foolin

1. Guest says:

man i got mines 4 free wen i wz sleepin lol sike na and der not comin out december

2. rockness724 says:

105 is correct. My buddy is the manager @ Champs. That’s what I got charged as well.

3. BlackCeaser says:

Fuck u lazy ass bums man I work harder and still pay regular price

4. Africonda says:

yes sir, i paid 105 at champs too, gotta love that 30% employee discount, i have not paid retail for any shoe in ages

no lines, 30% off, and believe me i work hard too, but its always good to have a hook up

5. mouthfullofgold says:

yall think yall doing something….. please

ring me up $160.50

6. Alfbalestra says:

I used to be an employee for footlocker, and took full advantage of releases and the discounts. I do remember those paychecks though, and sorry guys that shit is nothing to boast about. Just remember, those of us that moved on past our high school jobs at FL are better off and can pay regular price and not waste a our whole weak FL check on the releases for the month…..

7. You got a closet full of general releases…big fu@king deal…you walking around with the same shoes as everybody else…ha!? I don’t buy g.r!!?

8. BlackCeaser says:

Same smart shit my man

9. Bob says:

You havent paid full ticket price in years becasue you have been content in life earning $7.35 an hour at your shoe store job. If you had a real day job your wouldnt fret about paying regular price. Fool.

10. Chittybang says:

Hahahaha 30% try $80 no tax at the Nike employee store Beaverton lmfao

11. Bob says:

Sure, but I hope that is enough to keep you happy. Having a very high suicide rate an all up there. You’ll look good wearing them in your 275 days a year of rain.

. I just pa?d $20.87 for an ?Pad 2.64GB and my boyfriend loves his Panason?c Lum?x GF 1 C?mera that we got for $38.79 there arriving tomorrow by UP S.I will never pay such expensive retail pr?ces in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LCD T V to my boss for $657 which only cost me $62.81 to buy.
            Here is the website we use to get it all from, bit.ly/BidShop

13. doU says:

I don’t kno what footlocker you work at but I got a shorty to works at a footlocker and she gets 30% off…150-30% well you do the math buddy, and talk to your manager cuz you getting ripped off lol

14. NicK Jarvis says:

105 out here in montana no sales taxes hahaah

15. yadigg19131 says:

they are 105 with the employee discount homes 30% u would know that if u worked there?

2. SlimeXKilla says:

Haha word I got mine for that too!

3. FuckYou says:

Got mine for 80 Employee store

4. SlyGuy says:

thats funny cause i got my metallic 5s for 85 from sole fly without moving from my bed..get at me!!!

1. Chittybang says:

thats because yours r fake lol

2. freeballer says:

…all the online stores I order from had the grape/laney pack for preorder and then had to take them off. I e-mailed a few of them asking why and they said JB wouldnt confirm its release.

3. Slayday69 says:

doesnt matter i got my shape ups for 59.99 and they are dope as f**k!!

I just p a i d $21.87 for an i P a d 2-64GB and my boyfriend loves his Panason?c Lum?x GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS.I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $657 which only cost me $62.81 to buy.
        Here is the website we use to get it all from, http://bit.ly/CentBid

1. Usedbrain4sale says:

NOW thats the real deal here ;-) lol

5. Blakevital83 says:

i got mine 2 weeks early for 100. EASY

1. freeballer says:

That response doesnt make sense.

2. blue says:

yes and NIKE should bring back the CLOT AIR FORCE ONE

3. Maurice Laney says:

I was so looking forward to that pack when it was unofficially announced….. hence the last name! :~P

2. Vlboost says:

asap!

3. Dave says:

I like me some grapes. but these are so over hyped. By the way we called these hornets back in the day.?

4. dr deuce says:

Holy shit i wish they come back. one of my all time favorites.

1. Jacky Huang says:

hey i got DS size 12 grapes, taking offers!

1. CadillacEfromDC says:

send me some pics of them to tonydavis202@gmail. interested in them

5. omatic says:

id cry…..and then buy 3 pair.!

1. Aman128ok says:

Dude you are so right….. I would cop so many pair I fckn love these J’s my favorite pair next to the Columbia Blue 11′s

2. hey i got DS size 12 grapes, taking offers!

6. guest says:

sooo nice

7. Kev126 says:

my fav 5, please bring em back. i just hope they dont put a 23 on the side.

8. Yungk says:

no? too soon

9. Leeee says:

Bring them back!! 2012!

I said this in another post but when the Vs came out in 90, if you walked into the sneaker store & they had “the black ones”, “the white & red ones” & the “purple jawns” all sitting next to each other- you would have never picked the grapes over the other two. Admittedly fashion is different in 2011 than 21 years ago but unless you already had the other two, you would have never considered buying the grapes first. As a matter of fact, people didn’t even pay attention to the grapes until Will Smith wore them on The Fresh Prince of Belair.

1. Ak says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

The prince made these what they are today

1. Johnson_415 says:

I remember being in the fourth grade and this was my very first pair of jordans. No Fresh Prince influence, it was the tightest color way i had ever seen and had to have them along with my wind breaker ya dig! Also the Andre Agassi’s that nobody be talking bout. Necks break when I pull them out!

11. King ali says:

All 5s are better then any other jordans but why ya mothafuckers have to over hype these. If they release next thing you going to see is everybody even the little kids rocking these and most real sneakerheads not going to like it. there would be no value for the 2006 retro. now if they release these with Nike air on the back that would be really exciting

1. Rocky says:

I doubt that little kids will be wearing them, considering it is a LIFESTYLE release.?

2. a.r.15 says:

To me the lll’s r the best jordans the elephant print did it for me but the grapes r nice i once was told by a wise man dnt believe da hype if u kno what i mean

12. Blah says:

I got a feeling the grapes and alot of other fives will release in 2013 because thats the 5′s 23rd anniversary. Thats why the 3s came out this year and the 4s are coming out next year. And there all likely to have the og box’s.

1. Guest says:

wow sum1 here knos alot dats wat i wz thinkin as well dos and da lanelys droppin and cant wait 4 da 4s box

1. blah says:

aha yeee 2013s gonna be a great year

2. Billy B says:

and the 2′s last year, plus the ones before.. damn never even though about it like that ! shiiiiet cant wait til uhhh whatever the year of the 11 is aha

Here is the website we use to get it all from, http://bit.ly/Biid4U

14. Guest says:

fuk u JB got us sneakerheads all exicted wit dat grape/lanely pack i mean i know yall not got release da grapes anytime soon cuz dey released 5 years ago but cmon atleast release dos lanely dey havent dropped in over a decade we wud of wanted it instead of dos obisidian piece of shitz dat dropped on 4th of july and for da retro 4s, bring back da midnights or oreos plzzzzzz

15. I just pa?d $ 22.85 for an ?Pad 2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $ 38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $ 674 which only cost me $ 62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentH?b.c?m

16. BIG D says:

QUIT PUTTING THE 23 ON THE SIDE…. If you put the blue ice sole on them it already changes it enough .. The OG didnt have the 23 so quit putting them on it

1. Guest says:

right i mean i like da icy sole on jordans Not FOAMPOSITES, its an eyesore but yaa take dat 23 off next thing JBs gonna put a jumpman on da side of da retro 6s lol

1. guest says:

LOL dont give them any ideas!

17. rockness724 says:

Oh yea….Grape/Laney pack would be absolute MADNESS! Would love to see that…come on JB!

1. hey i got DS size 12 grapes, taking offers!

18. sb&23 says:

just wait till 2013, it is the 5′s 23rd anniversary, they’ll prolly release the grapes AND the laneys by then, along with some other cw’s of the 5s, like the fire reds and hopefully the white metallics

19. Milyon2008 says:

I still got mines but i heard the are coming back in the pack with the laneys

20. Mr.EverYtimeUseeMEgottaNeWpair says:

Yall be sayin wait till 2013 like that shit is next month it bad enough we waiting for the concords which seems like its takin 4 years although its only 4 months…come on jb quit playing wit us