Air Jordan 1 “Banned” Closer Look

Air Jordan 1 "Banned"

The Air Jordan 1 “Banned” is one of the biggest surprises of 2011 so far. Photos of this shoe first surfaced during the summer of 2010 and rumored release dates hovered over each passing photo. The buzz on the Air Jordan 1 “Banned” arose out of nowhere, and we started to hear rumors of it releasing at select Nike retailers. Yesterday, the “Banned” Air Jordan 1 finally released at select Nike Factory stores across the nation. In detail, only 9000 pairs were available to the public at about 160 pairs per Nike outlet. Were you able to get your hands on this super limited release? Check out our extremely detailed “Banned” Air Jordan 1 gallery below.

Air Jordan 1 "Banned"

Comments

1. mints says:

I’ve been trying to figure out which laces I want to put in them. I swapped out the red for the black yesterday evening, but I think I want to go back to the red to make sure these pop. I hope everyone that actually wants to wear them manages to get a pair and that all of the resellers trying to pull 300+ for these end up eating the price of these.

1. Marcus says:

scopin some pairs atm… I sure as hell aint gonna drop 3, but seeing as their is about 5 pairs ending within 2 days all starting at 0.99, i think i will get lucky..

2. J2H says:

Super sick

3. Bware113 says:

I really need these to release at nation wide (FTL, FA, etc) store.

4. Sneakerhead2023 says:

Pure fire son!!! Copped them this morning at 8:00 am at the Nike outlet in San Marcos TX, I drove 8 hours roundtrip to get ‘em ,but damn son, they worth it. Only downside was they had a limit of 1 pair per customer..

Not all Nike factory or outlet stores got this heat only stores in Texas were San Marcos & Cypress Outlets, and they all gone son!!!

Can anybody answer which was more limited: Black History 3′s, Year of the Rabbit 7′s or the Banned 1′s? I’d really like to know.. A little help on this question??

1. c says:

which box did u get i get mine their in San macros but no x box just a regular box

1. I got the banned black box 2 piece with the X on top & the sides.. That’s crazy u got a regular box.. When I was there all I saw were people coppin’ with the 2 piece banned black box.. That’s the 1st I’ve heard of no original box.. Wonder if anybody else out there didn’t get the original box either..

1. Authlegend says:

Yeah man I did see some nike boxes instead of the black jordan box!!!!

2. Marcus says:

I heard bhm 3s, were 3000 pair drop. I didn’t really hear an amount on yotr 7s, but seeing as the release was similar, I would assume assume 3-5k. As for banned 1s, they are saying 9000 so, I think its safe to say these are definitely the least limited of the 3. They did release kinda out of nowhere at outlets, so I guess that will definitely increase the hype/price though.

5. Chris says:

Imagine if… Nike didn’t mess up their release

6. bash says:

these are nice, got mine when they first came out in portland. i swapped the red laces for the black tones too, i think they look better with the black laces but its so nice that they give you 3 sets of those cool laces

7. Authenticlegend says:

These kicks dropped in ARIZONA. Only 119 pairs roughly. I will admitt to being disgusted on how many times this colorway has dropped. But the banned 1s are a must have. A must have for collectors!!

8. COOGI says:

These are definately the truth!! The red laces set it off jus right. May break em out this weekedn or I may jus wait and get a betta outfit…gotta do these exclusives wit a nasty New Era….ugh!!

9. DugLast says:

Sick about missing these. My outlet didn’t get them, and I’m damn sure not paying the $500 Flight Club price. Congrats if you copped a pair.

10. theAirJeffrey says:

grabbed these from the portland factory store before they even dropped
    SO fresh

11. CMONSENSE says:

dam let the shoe breathe please smh

Yeah they look like Chucks.

Yeah they look like Chucks.

1. Mbeans4 says:

Calm down.? You miss out on these or something?

The app did that hoe.

2. Mbeans4 says:

Calm down.? You miss out on these or something?

Yeah they look like Chucks.

Yeah they look like Chucks.

5. Tres Perez says:

shut the fuk up u pussy as baster those are nice pussy bitch

12. BRANDO1190 says:

there are dropping again later on this year

1. Mbeans4 says:

Yeh, with a black X on the tongue in place of Nike Air and a black X on the heel instead of a red one.? Thus, they aren’t “dropping” again later this year they’re actually just releasing a different edition?”Banned 1″?with a similiar concept.? But, this is a totally different shoe: it’s like saying 2000 Concord 11′s and DMP 11′s are the same shoe.

1. J3alousymvsz says:

Do yu got any sz 9-9.5 n how much imma bk reside so lmk

13. Zaq Armand says:

9000 pairs?!?! at 160 per store. That means around 56 stores would have this shoe. I dont think thats an accurate number.

14. L.S.C says:

9000 isnt ”super” limited!

Yeah i passed on these. I am not paying a premium for some AJ1s. Not only that the nearest
    Nike factory store to me is an 1 hour and 45 mins away. These aren’t even the best colorway of 1′s. Even Michael Jordan said this was an ugly colorway for this shoe.

17. MR.MOJO says:

I LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT I’LL PASS… I GOT THE BLK/RED HIGH WITH THE STRAPS AND THOSE R WAY MORE LIMITED THEN THESE WILL EVER BE… IM FROM THE H AND NO SHOES STORES CARRIED THM SO LK I SAID IM GOOD…

18. MR.MOJO says:

19. guest says:

^^ cypress and san marcos got? a lot of pairs..if you wanted them they were there to claim. Luckily I got 3 pairs. If anyone wants a size 12 or size 8 email me truflatlander14@aol.com

20. guest says: