Throwback Thursday: Nike Air Griffey Max III

Nike Air Griffey Max III

For the past 20 years, has there been a better baseball player than Ken Griffey Jr? More than 600 clean HR’s, 13 All Star appearances, 10 Gold Gloves, and a swing so clean it became his logo. We’ll leave the official debate for ESPN, but when it comes to footwear, no other baseball player has had as solid of a line as Junior.

To celebrate Griff’s 20 years in the big league this year, the Griffey Max 1 and Swingman Remix were brought out, but there are still some shoes from the line we wouldn’t mind seeing return.

More than just an aesthetically unique shoe, the Nike Air Griffey Max III offers incredibly comfortable cushioning and stability. Heel and forefoot Max Air provides the soft ride while a Footscape-esque lacing system plus cross strap locks your foot into the shoe.

Beyond the way the shoe looks and performs, history of footwear is so often written by the man who wore them and what was accomplished. In 1998, Griffey was coming off an MVP season and followed up again with 56 homeruns but came up 1 short of matching his prior year pushing 146 RBI’s.

Are there any other Griffey’s you would like to see return? Click here to get a better look at these as well as to let us know what you think.

Ken Griffey Jr. wearing the Nike Air Griffey Max III in 1998 Home Run Contest

Comments

1. J K says:

god i had these when i was a kid and want them again so bbaaaad..

2. AIR PENNY says:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :-)
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :-)
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :-)
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :-)
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :-)
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

AIR PENNY ROCKS! :P
    AIR PENNY RULES! ;-)

AIR PENNY IS FIRST!!! :-) ;-P :P

3. blazer says:

griffey max 2′s would killlll
    holiday 2010?lol thatd be dope and would make just as much hype and $ if not more than the 1′s

4. wilmer says:

dude, they need to re-release these badboys!! they were my first pair of griffey’s.. the most comfy shoe i remember having as a child! these are my fav shoe as a teenager, even over many jordans.. i dont know why, but they just looked dope when on

5. I would gt these! They nt like tha a.g.m.1s but they fire! Bring bak tha super cbs!

6. Louisiana's_Best says:

I’ve seen this shoe in the gray and red color way for sale like a day ago. I really want to see the Total Air Griffey Max come back

7. Devin says:

Omg i had them too i want another pair.

8. ohsnakes says:

RETRO THESE NOW NIKE. SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE GD II. BEST BASEBALL TRAINER EVER!

9. dr. orthotic says:

i remember a lot of folks used to hate on these back in the day. I don't think they sold all that well either… but i would still want them to make a comeback though. but only IF they do them right…

10. nice page very happy with what youve done

11. a3130499 says:

I’ve said that least 3130499 times. SCK was here

12. Howdy I merely love the beautiful content thanx and please keep your ball rolling

13. My programmer is attempting to encourage me to go to. net coming from PHP. I possess always disliked the thought due to costs. But he has been tryiong it’s unlikely that any the a smaller amount. I’ve been using WordPress in several websites approximately a year and ‘m anxious regarding switching to an alternative platform. I get heard great things about blogengine. net. Is there a way I can easily import most my wordpress posts in it? Any type of help can be greatly valued!

14. Just wanna input on few general things, The website style is perfect, the subject matter is very excellent : D.

15. Hi presently there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and privately recommend in order to my friends. I are confident will have them benefited because of this website.

16. For individuals like my, working and living overseas along with little get in touch with around the world except for the internet, your site is gold for all of us, we are able to maintain up-to-date as well as stick to the news via your excellent weblog, continue the good function and let me know basically can perform anything for you personally!

17. Thanks, I have recently been searching for details about this subject for a long time and yours is the better I can see so much.

18. Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We’ve ever occur across for this subject. Actually Magnificent. I feel also an authority in this specific topic therefore I will understand your hard work.

19. DMV articles says:

One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. Youve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence.