Nike Air Pippen Retro

Nike Air Pippen RetroYesterday we gave you an in depth look at the upcoming Air Penny II retros, but those aren’t the only late 90′s basketball sneaker being call up from the reserves. Starting in August the Nike Air Pippen will begin to make its return with four colors slated for this fall/winter.

The first to release will be the original Black/Red color Pippen wore while taking care of the Utah Jazz in the ’97 Finals as well as carrying Batman off the court when he had the flu. The second pair releasing is best described as the ugly middle child in some unorthodox colors including “Tar” and “Light Taupe”. The third pair makes its way in a nice Black/White-Purple color and the final pair comes in all black (not pictured). Each pair will retail for $160 and will be available up to size 15. Check out more shots posted after the jump.

Nike Air Pippen Retro Black/Varsity Red-White

Nike Air Pippen Retro Black/White-Varsity Purple
Nike Air Pippen Retro Black/White-Varsity Purplet

Scottie Pippen wearing Nike Air Pippen in 1997 NBA Finals
Scottie Pippen wearing Nike Air Pippen in 1997 NBA Finals

Scottie Pippen wearing Nike Air Pippen in 1997 NBA Finals
Scottie Pippen carrying Michael Jordan off the court in 1997 NBA Finals

Comments

1. Flatsole says:

The brown ones are awful

1. Scrappy CoCo says:

"Hater"

2. nikeindabutt says:

Forget these…those pics reminded me how truly DOPE those red/blk 12′s are!!! I think I may have to make a purchase …(sorry Scottie)

P.S. WTF is the deal with these brown Scotties?

1. Scrappy CoCo says:

"No Scottie, No Rings" and if you had any style,,, you would know how to "Rock" Da "Brown"

3. TASJ7045 says:

These bring back sweet memories but I have to question if these will sell. The Air Uptempos that Scottie wore were just as popular back in the day and they were retroed to a small response. I believe the Uptempos were clearance racked. If I’m incorrect then speak up but these seem like they will go the same way. It seems Max Air Basketball Shoes have gone out of style.

4. Nasty_Naj says:

wow throwbacks cant wait to ball in these might f**k around and have a triple double…lets go L.A for all the hypebeaster’s…..anywho tough kicks cant wait….btw is that luc longly wearing 12′s???? NASTY NAJ WENT THIS WAY >>>>>>>>

5. Baker says:

These aint going nooooooo where.They do bring back great memories though.Sorry PIP.

6. Pastor Troy says:

Hey Matt they need to bring back the original white and silver with a little red that he wore during that 1996-1997 regular season. I remember I wanted to get those when they first released. I settled for the black and red 12′s (not a bad exchange lol)

7. D says:

I love these kicks I actually played ball in them back in the day because they were so comfortable and Pippen was the man definitely an underrated player. I’ve finally figured it out. Since JB is pretty much done with retroing (I hope not but at least for awhile I think) Nike being the smart brand they are has decided to Retro all of the great kicks during that era because let’s face it Nike was and still is eatting off more than just MJ. I’ll probably just get the OG colorway although I like those purple ones too. I’m interested to see the all blacks ones too. Hopefully they will continue with this retroing because there is a lot I miss and missed out due to finances as a kid. Hopefully next on the list to bring back is those Nike Air Griffey’s in the Seattle Mariners colorway. Matt use your connections to make it happen.

8. natethegreat says:

it looks like the camera man has on a pair too?

9. alan says:

anyone notice the cameraman wearing the pips too? i wanted these so bad when i was a kid but never had a chance to scoop them up. 1 pair of the og blk/red’s for sure. i never thought i would see these again. a very nice suprise as well as the penny 2′s

10. E-MAN says:

who noticed #13 in the first pic wearing the 12′s? FRESH.

11. luclongley says:

13 is luc longley….that’s why i don’t like the whole jordan scene…it’s filled with kids not even old enough to have seen jordan in his prime

12. Pastor Troy says:

Good catch on that one Alan. I guess that is what you called double advertising or exposure (lol)

13. jordan23nonstop says:

^^^E-man, that is Luc Longley if you don’t remember the Bull’s team of 96-97

14. D-Block says:

Yes the camera man is wearing a pair as well….

Definitely loving the black/red 12′s, might have to wear mine 2day haha….never was really a fan of Pip’s shoes but I might grab a pair of these still for ball that is if they really are that comfortable….its still a toss up though cuz those huarache’s are feeling NIIIIICE!! but we’ll see!

15. Boath says:

E-Man
    That year Pippen & Tony K. were the only two on the team not wearing J.B. because they had signature shoes.
    O.g. Pippen colors all the way

16. andy says:

I love these I used to have them my god were they comfortable but r they coming out in kid sizes ?????

17. f00k says:

damn sucks they are releasing all my OGs! Now everyone and their momma’s gonna have them

18. D says:

Kukoc has on the Pippens too I just noticed. E-Man and for all other who don’t know this, Jordan and Pippen had lots of their teammates wearing their sneakers.

19. Dj75728 says:

Beautiful just beautiful. I might have to cop a pair depending if my money ain’t being funny at the time. Actually that’s around my birthday, I’ll cop one of the black pairs.

20. alan says:

#11 i totally agree with you on that one. also too the only people who are going to pick up re-releases like these are people around then that truly loved the shoes. young kids seeing these now probley think they are lame…. but to me these are true classics. a staple in the 90′s nike shoe game.