Throwback Thursday – Reebok Shaqnosis

Reebok Shaqnosis Throwback ThursdayShaq bounced out of Baton Rouge early for the NBA becoming the first pick of the ’92 draft. Immediately he laced a sneaker deal with Reebok and immediately began tearing down backboards while wearing his Shaq signature shoes. One of the most recognizable shoes Shaq wore while on Team Reebok was the Shaqnosis. This hypnotizing upper was far ahead of its time for style, but fit right in with other mid 90′s Reebok basketball shoes including the Kamikaze and the Blast.

Diesel’s Shaqnosis’ were slightly different from those released to the general public. He laced up in a higher high top that gave the shoe more strength for his size 22 feet! (Now he is size 23)

Never mind the unique style of the shoes, the tech was not sacrificed in any way. The shoes sported Reebok Hexalite cushioning in both the forefoot and the heel including the cup form that went up the sides a little bit for added heel support. Maybe remembered more for its looks, the Shaqnosis still has not been seen at retail doors since its release 14 years ago. Only time will tell if Reebok brings the Shaqnosis back, but we can only hope. Hypothetically, if they were to return, would you buy?

Reebok Shaqnosis Throwback Thursday

Reebok Shaqnosis Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday – Reebok Shaqnosis

Reebok Shaqnosis Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday – Reebok Shaqnosis

Reebok Shaqnosis Throwback Thursday
Shaquille O’Neil and Reggie Miller

Comments

1. g-man says:

lol good post matt, and no i would not buy, i think they are ugly

2. NPF 65 says:

I would buy them! They cant cost that much + I’ll get that Magic jersey from mitchell and ness

3. solesaved says:

Maybe for the right price.

4. matferryhead says:

i think i would cop. and that mitchell and ness jersey is sick. especially the blue with the pin stripes. i almost copped that in december.

5. Nice Kicks says:

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t these only $100 back in the day?

6. Kuahmel says:

One element will go if these are retroed.

Either the Dunkman (if Reebok drops them) or, could you imagine, the Vector (if Shaq brand drops them).

My money’s on the former, but they should definitely be done. And in some colorways that make known the capability of the wacky styling. Folks with epilepsy had to look away from these shoes.

7. YYsMen says:

man shaq should have stayed wit reebok

8. flyasthesky says:

they would definitely see the clearance rack if they were released again…good post though Matt

9. TR3V!N says:

i would buy these…ive wanted them since back in the day lol

10. sneakFREAK says:

you guys are trippin hard to not want to see these come back.

Reebok NEEDS something other than just the same old Pumps. Bring these, the Kemps, and the Blasts back and celebrate the GOOD days of reebok basketball.

Nice post as usual Matt. Thursday is always my favorite day of the week.

11. bkbigjay says:

KEEP EM COMING! I REMEMBER THESE. I WAS YOUNG BUT YEP, THESE ARE CLASSIC. wasn’t 100$ allot for that time though?

12. mic check 212 says:

sneakfreak I am with you

I would love for people’s ages to be put next to their names to be honest because i bet a lot of the hate is coming from youngins who think that if it aint a Jordan or and Air Force 1 its wack.

I am glad Matt rewinds things each week so some of you kids can learn about the shoes from the past that built this culture. Jordans and AF1s are important, true, but they def aren’t everything.

peace

13. Jazzy Mae says:

I honestly cant remember what the price was but it was def not much more than $100. That was a lot of scrap, but J’s were $135 then just to give perspective.

Reebok, I love the Pumps, but bring these back PLEASE!

14. Darneezy says:

I still want these, the Shaq I and the Shawn Kemp Kamikaze.

Too many YOUNG PEOPLE trying to be “sneakerheads,” not knowing the past influences the future. Do your research, these are fresh.

15. snkradkt says:

nice but i dont know if i would cop. would definitely get the kamikazes (which they need to drop again)

16. MizzDette says:

wow. flashbacks. they were an cool idea, but if they were 2 b release again, they should do it limited pairs cause everybody would not cop these crazy. i know i wouldn’t.

17. Boath says:

buy buy buy.
    Waiting 4 the return of The Kamikaze….

18. jibbycanoe says:

great throwback matt. you never cease to amaze me with what you got in the crates. I agree that some “young people” may not respect the past, but I’m certainly not young.. I hated these then and I still think they are god awful. I’m not trippin hard at all. not glad that phrase came back and would not be glad to see these come back.

19. Keiso says:

Them wack as hell, they was wack back in 96 too reebok was jus trying to do something unseen cause them AJ11 was killin the game

20. hoy says:

I would buy! I like them when I was a kid!!